A Narwhal! You Know, the Unicorn of the Sea
At least, that’s the nickname they’ve been given. These majestic sea creatures are known for their long, protruding tusks that can grow up to 10 feet long.
But we need to let you in on a little secret: The “tusks” are actually teeth (talk about a hefty dental bill)! But we’ll stick with the word “tusk” because, honestly, it just sounds cooler.
Even more interesting, scientists believe that the nerve-rich pulp found within the tusks allow narwhals to assess water quality and temperature. This is exactly what we do for our customers, the only difference being that we tend to work on dry land!
Narwhals, tusks and all, sure do feel like our spirit animal!
We chose narwhals because they are:
- Temperature perfectionists. Hence, our PerfecTemp name! Just as narwhals use their tusks to assess the water, we use our skills and experience to assess and improve your comfort equipment.
- Resourceful. Narwhals live in the Arctic region, so it goes without saying that they’re survivors. They are especially sensitive to climate change and know to leave coastal areas before winter so they don’t become trapped in ice. We are similarly resourceful in the sense that we provide customers with the options they need to feel good about their investment decisions. We have great relationships with the leading manufacturers and are able to give customers the very best our industry can provide.
- Community-focused. Narwhals travel in pods of typically 15 to 20 whales, though sometimes it can be up to 100! We believe in the power of teamwork and community just as much as narwhals do. This means providing a warm and welcoming work culture for our employees and giving back to our community whenever we can.
- Deep divers. Narwhals can dive a mile underwater and hold their breath for 25 minutes! While they’d beat us in any underwater competition, we dive just as deep in the metaphorical sense. Where other contractors apply the quick, surface-level fix, we go to the root of the problem to provide true, lasting solutions. Going deep is the only way to ensure that the problem is actually resolved and won’t return.
- Flexible. Narwhals’ tusks look as though they’d be quite rigid. However, they’re actually flexible and can bend approximately 12 inches. Though we might not have the ivory tusks, we definitely bend to benefit our customers. Whether this means developing a custom cooling strategy or maintenance plan, there is nothing cookie-cutter about us. We’re here to make your life better and, if there’s a different way we can do that, we always will.
- Communicative and receptive. Similar to dolphins, narwhals use echolocation to hunt, communicate with each other and more. We might not be fluent in echolocation, but we sure know how to communicate and listen to our customers. Our technicians take the time to truly understand your situation and, after beginning work, they’ll keep you fully updated on their progress. Once the job is complete, they’ll address any concerns and answer your questions until you’re fully satisfied. That’s just how we roll!
Now That You Know the Narwhals, Get to Know Us!
We hope learning more about narwhals helped you learn more about our crew. Just as these animals look out for each other in the deep blue sea, we would love to do the same for you and your family on dry land!
To take the first step toward better comfort, schedule your free estimate online or call PerfecTemp at 561.737.1800 today.